It’s that time of year when feverish preparations begin – the Examination Fever. Many young students are receiving ready for the largest test of their academic lives, one which will determine their selection of career and how their futures will shape up. The 10th standard examinations or Board Examinations follow many patterns based on the syllabi and the academic councils the schools are affiliated to. Getting high marks and percentages overall in all subjects is key to enhancing likelihood of a great education in a reputed institution; therefore students should take extra steps in equipping themselves well in the preparations for exam study.
Students as of this level have six to seven subjects with allocation of marks and grades combined for an interest grouping. Mathematics and Science take predominance over other subjects like Social Studies, English or Other Languages 2021 waec runz. The reason being for most technical courses post school and getting admitted into college depend on excellent percentages in both of these subjects. While subjects like English depend on the student’s excellent uptake of grammar and presentation of answers in a neat format with the relevant points concisely written, Mathematics and Science depend largely on accuracy in answers and results.
Some examination strategies for High School
• By understanding the format of exams corresponding to the syllabus undertaken, students can workout a study schedule depending on subjects that want more attention and time. Having a timetable based subject-wise and topic-wise will greatly benefit your study schedule; bear in mind to accomplish the schedule according to the timetable you have prepared
• Talking about previous question paper samples and guides helps obtain an insight into the type of questions that can be expected and prepare a mental plan on the best way to answer the questions
• Resorting to malpractices or depending entirely on memorizing content could be disastrous. In the event of exam panic or even a wrong move, your brain adopts a freeze making thinking and recollection difficult. It is much better to understand content, rephrase questions how best to create out the answers and keep doing the tasks over and over to perfect the technique and analyze and correct mistakes, especially in problem solving
• One of the finest ways to retain content the student has read is to create down points or make brief notes that will assist you to remember key points to organize the flow of content
• When in doubt, seek help. Parents, teachers, friends, guides are always around to help clear doubts. Published guides help but where they fail is the type of one on one interaction that you can have with peers and superiors
• Learn to practice time management which will be very essential in answering question papers. Practicing writing speeds will help improve answering skills when time is of utmost importance
Besides these academic tips, there are numerous the areas that the student has to keep in mind when finding your way through Board exams.
i. Choose a study area without distractions and ambient noises from traffic, TV screens, computers and other gadgets that could be a disturbance or intrusion. Conversations with friends could be restricted to times when you have a break from studying
ii. Getting proper nutrition, exercise and sleep recharges your body and fills it with energy resources which are extremely essential. Skipping meals and sleeping less will tire your body and mind and leave you exhausted by enough time examinations arrive
iii. Avoid places and situations that may cause anger and negative emotions to surface. The unnecessary anxiety and worry won’t help by any means
iv. Always take constant breaks from study to re-energize your brain and body. Cramming the brain with an excessive amount of information or too many facts in a short span of time is not just a good idea. Take time off to indulge in a favorite hobby like listening to music, painting or photography; choosing a short walk and meeting friends for a cup of coffee is recommended provided this does not cut into your daily study schedule and you can get back in study mode again